Professional Geriatric Care Manager
With over 45 years of combined experience, villageplan™ provides the highest level of care and customer service, made possible only by hiring exceptional clinical leaders who represent villageplan™’s core values, mission, and vision; that everyone should have access to an expert to help them navigate the challenge of caregiving and care services. We do this by changing the way people care for aging loved ones!
We are seeking a Care Manager Supervisor to join our growing Care Management team who provide families, and vulnerable populations with medical and therapeutic support to live their best life while coping with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses.
While this role will, the Care Manager Supervisor will manage a small client caseload, the primary role ensures proper administration of client assessments, care planning, advising families caregivers, providing patient education and counseling, and making necessary referrals for other social services while providing supervision and the care management team.
- Performs monthly and ad hoc audits of case notes, client files, and client communication to ensure thoroughness, consistency, timeliness, and appropriateness
- Performs audit of Plans of Care to ensure legal compliance and alignment with company policies and procedures
- Leads weekly Team Leadership, Care Management, and 1:1 meetings
- Demonstrates knowledge of and provides training, mentoring, and coaching in the following areas as needed:
- Managing caseload assignments
- Organization and prioritization of workload to prevent burnout
- Promote efficiency and productivity
- Client relations
- Team building
- Professional growth and care management skill development
- Travel required within the assigned territory for duties
- Performs hiring and onboarding activities for all new Care Management staff
- Responsible for timely payroll submission and oversees all billing activities prior to submission to the finance department
- Works with clients to resolve any care concerns or billing questions
- Ensure all assigned clients are receiving the highest quality of care and is an effective advocate for all clients
- Conduct initial Care Management assessments
- Review client assessment and update any changes in the client’s condition
- Conduct client assessments per protocol
- Document all Care Management services in company EHR
- Assist with the evaluation, development, and revision of policies and procedures related to client care practices and agency processes
- Market care management services when appropriate by conducting chart assessments to determine appropriate care management needs
- Review the WA State administrative code to ensure villageplan™ is in compliance with state and federal home care regulations.
- Work closely with care management staff including but not limited to updates regarding client visits and changes in client needs.
- Responsible to be active in networking in the local community.
- Adhere to all guidelines and policies outlined in the villageplan™ Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as needed or assigned
- Masters of Social Work or Mental Health Counselor, without restrictions
- Licensed Social Worker or Counselor
- Strong management background in a home care environment
- Minimum two years experience in community-based Healthcare (home health, public health, home care).
- Current CPR
- Current driver’s license and auto insurance and the ability to drive to and from appointments.
- Certified Care Manager
- Certification in geriatrics
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial business environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $78,000.00 per year
Job Type: Full-time
Yes, either an RN license or a Social Work degree is required.
It is preferred but not required. However, two years previous experience in healthcare is required.
Our Aging Life Care services are provided wherever the client lives: in their home, retirement community, residential housing, nursing homes and hospitals.